It was very quiet today at Cursive and throughout ABC probably because the weather outside was freezing.
1. NYIGF begins this Sunday, Jan 28th - Thursday, Feb 1st and I will be working at the show AND walking it for Cursive. A double life for the next 5 days...
2. Many retailers from around the world are in NYC for the New York Int'l Gift Fair. I met a retailer from Sydney, Australia, Santa Fe, NM and Mendocino, CA
3. It was very quiet today and freezing cold outside. I think many people stayed inside as much as possible.
4. Kimberley & Zach bought "a little something" box and some postcards today. 7 months ago they moved from Brooklyn to Minneapolis and opened a shop called Letterbox Creative. They carry a few of the same vendors that we do. It's nice to share information with fellow store owners/managers.
5. A young woman bought the Cory (her boyfriend's name is Cory) bracelet: "To work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it" - Buddha, a notepad by GOP and a bug plate by John Derian for her parents. She and her boyfriend, a former marine, are driving from Maryland to L.A. to start a new life on the West Coast.
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Posted by Cursive at 12:22 AM