Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Yelp...

What's that about?

I am not the biggest web person on earth so it might not surprise you or it might but I just went on Yelp to see what they have to say about us. Well, the good news is that we have a hight star rating but the bad news is that we received a 1 star from a very disappointed client. I must say the scathing review threw me so I decided to snoop a little and see what other shops have been reviewed at. Oh my, what a bunch of crazy people there are in this world. Every shop I snooped on had the same kind of mood swing, either the 5 star ( and gush how wonderful it is ) or they 1 star ( and head into crazy town over, well anything ).
I am not saying that when you deal with the public you don't have a responsibility to your clients but it seems a little nuts to me to complain about pricing, display and other very person decisions made by the owner. Get a clue peeps, you can't expect to pay the same price in a high rent urban shop as you did at a Flea Market or your home town gift shop ( actual comments). IT"S JUST NOT POSSIBLE.
The belittling comments and referencing other shops seems like a episode of Mean Girls!
Like my Mother said "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all".
I feel like this lion today!

No comments: