Monday, November 05, 2007

A snapshot of marathon Sunday




How many Cursive customers went outside and caught some of the marathon?

I snapped the above photo on my blackberry and sent it to the NYTimes City Room (they were asking anyone to submit photos of the marathon, fans etc...) and it was accepted and posted on their interactive map of the marathon.

It was a beautiful crisp Fall day and the leaves are just starting to turn. I wasn't dressed warm enough but I stuck it out waiting to spot my friend Mia running her first marathon! Mia and I missed each other but I enjoyed watching the all the runners streaming by on 5th Avenue and listening to friends and family spot their loved ones.

Shouts, laughter, waving signs, people running alongside their friends and family, onlookers yelling out encouraging words and the runner's name written on their shirts, clapping and hollering...

No comments: