Friday, August 15, 2008

The perfect antidote...

I have not been bringing in my camera to Cursive these past few days because it is sooooo heavy (Nikon D80), however, with this beautiful weather we've been having I knew I couldn't pass up one more day in Cursive without it. So yesterday, I hauled it in and started snapping away. Here are the results...


Marnie dress and Puma shoes
The orange accent of her sunglasses and handbag complete the look.

*

This woman's look was all about black, patterns and textures. I forgot to take a overall shot of her outfit but below is the bright yellow belt caught my eye!



*

I met two cool sisters who were in town for the gift fair beginning today. Carlie owns The Gypsy Wagon in East Dallas and was wearing this wonderful fish, on a chain, with a heart hanging from its mouth made by a friend of hers. Her sister, ME (stands for Mary Elizabeth) was wearing the teal top (center photo) with a Navojo style necklace. The vintage earring has a small bird in a cage which I tried to capture in the photo on the left.

They asked me for suggestions for some can't-miss stores in NYC so I whipped out my handy NYC shop guide stored in a soft leather cover (articles I have accumulated over the years from Lucky, Elle Decor, HG, Domino etc...) and recommended a few places such as Kiosk, Butik, Castor & Pollux.

*

I was speaking with the woman above and her husband at the Jeanine Payer case when I noticed this gold ring he was wearing. The woman designed it for her husband with the date of their first date inscribed on the inside. Her dress, bought in Thailand, were in two of my favorite colors: fuschia and lime green which was the color of the embroidery.

*

Beautiful accessories worn by Chandra, manager of Gary Graham, a new leased vendor at ABC.

*

This woman had these gold microphones made for her and her friend who are both in the radio/tv and radio/music industries.

*

An architect who has shopped with Cursive, a few times, carries this wallet which I love! We had carried a few pieces from this collection, when we first opened, which uses a very old and traditional technique from Japan.

*

shell necklace from Nicaragua and a shoulder bag accent piece

*

I meet so many people with unique names.
This gift above, Nantaka Joy's enclosure cards with a journal, was bought by Weatherly (a family name and is the first child and girl to be given this name) for Mary Elizabeth (nickname "ME" - I don't know if she is the same person as the "ME" above... wouldn't that be a hoot!!) and sold by me ("MK" which stands for Mary Kendall).

1 comment:

Weatherly said...

Hi MK! Thanks for the mention in your blog! Your store was amazing and I love what I bought for my sister-in-law! Please let me know when you get your online site up as I would love to do a feature on Cursive on my blog: www.spotlightson.blogspot.com. Thanks!