Thursday, June 25, 2009

A pet peeve...

It's 10am on Thursday morning and I am writing from Cursive GCT! It has been a surprisingly quiet morning which has given me time to dust, windex, catch up with Michael on ordering cards etc... I actually arrived at 7:35am with the intention of getting coffee before the store opened at 8am, I did it with 5 minutes to spare and it is great! Having to wait until 12pm when Elaine comes in would be way too long for me.

My pet peeve of the morning is customers talking on their cell phone when the ambiance suggests otherwise. Whatever happened to being polite and keeping one's conversation to oneself? We bought a small ceramic plaque from Rae Dunn that says "No cell phones please" below an image of an ear and placed it discreetly on the wall just inside the door. Many people told us it wouldn't work, however, I must say that men, who are on their phones will turn around and finish their calls outside and then come back in vs women who continue to prattle... Oh well... beggers can't be choosers...

No comments: