Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mandela Day Installation at Grand Central

I love exploring Grand Central Terminal when I am working at Cursive GCT, Wed-Fridays, and have enjoyed seeing some of the various exhibitions or events happening in Vanderbilt Hall. A few days ago I came across these enormous light boxes with bright color graphics that spell out "Lead, Speak, Act, Listen, Learn, Unite". It is the Mandela Day Installation.

"Mandela Day will be held annually on July 18, Nelson Mandela's birthday. This celebration of Mr. Mandela's life will serve as a global call to action for people to reconize their individual power to make an imprint and help change the world around them for the better".

There is a video accompanying the light installation which is quite powerful to watch. I haven't had time to watch the entire video but intend to before they close the exhibit.




Vanderbilt Hall in Grand Central Terminal
July 9-22, 2009
Hours: 7:30am - 7:30pm

1 comment:

KateM said...

What a wonderful post. Words we should all be reminded of. Thank you!
(I am a friend of Tricia's. I am so glad she mentioned your writings!)