Monday, April 05, 2010

bits & bobs...

Nugget
&

Jessica
&

Liz
&

our open-toe shoes with orange toes cries out for more warm sunny days!

*

Michael R. seems to be getting the warm weather vibe!

*

This pattern on a shoulder bag by Wagg-a-Bagg in Harbourville, Nova Scotia is so pretty. From afar it looked like scales.

*

Vases and decanters enhance stacks of notepads and journals.

*

This journal & notebook (lined) and sketchbook (unlined) are a nice size to jot down inspiration & collage with business cards & postcards while travelling through the Big Apple and beyond.

*

So adorable this pendant.

*

Julie, whom I met through our mutual friend Catherine, and were chatting about things & jcrew when I spotted this woman (below) wearing almost everything jcrew. Julie's safety pin closure was just the right look for her ribbed sweater and corduroy jacket.


This jcrew blazer with the contrasting trim has been a favorite of mine, and no I don't own it, but love seeing it layered underneath with all sorts of things.

*

I love packaging and the graphics always inspire me. Maybe it was the olive green with the delicacy of the brown illustration that caught my eye.

*

New scents are mixing with our diffusers in shape of these gorgeous candles. Illustrations are by Don Carney. The whale: a mixture of l'orange, patchouli, basil and jasmine, is my all time favorite at the moment. I would flatten the packaging, frame it and hang in my hallway.

*

Beatrice Coron, an artist who showed in "Slash: Under the Knife" at the Museum of Arts & Design, created this artwork: All Around Town" for Arts for Transit. The material she uses is called Tyvek which you can find in envelopes and in clothing.

My friend Julie and I saw her "Hells" and "Heavens" artwork in the Slash exhibit but weren't able to take photos. When I stumbled across the above poster, several different times on the N train, I waited until I had enough time on the train to take some photos and email it to Julie.


No comments: