Friday, March 20, 2009

"Trail of Crumbs"...

I love reading on my subway commute, to and from Cursive, especially when I don't have to listen to someone's music blasting from their earphones. The background noise of the sway of the subway cars rushing through the tunnels and the swish of the car doors opening and closing become a quiet hum as I turn the pages of my book. I'm so in tune with my commute that I do not need to look to see what station we are at until I hear the familiar sound of the subway cars slowing down slightly, in the tunnel, before my stop.

Currently I am reading "Trail of Crumbs" by Kim Sunee and recommended by her friend when they both stopped in Cursive last year. It is so beautifully written that I have almost missed my subway stop a few times.

Every so often she writes lines of conversation in French which I understand completely and floods me with memories of living in Paris. Her descriptions of shopping in the markets, cooking French food and reading the recipes inserted into her book has me convinced that taking some cooking classes would give me the confidence to move about the kitchen and cook as fluid as she describes herself in her book.

No comments: