Sunday, February 08, 2009

Gift Fair week: Accessories make the outfit

Hi Julie! A bright kelly green coat brightens a very cold winter day. I LOVE her bag, which combines plastic with textile scraps, designed by Luisa Cevese.

*

The "Bon" women! Bonnie and Crystal, mother and daughter team of Bon in Tuscon, AZ at Cursive the day before the Gift Fair. I introduced myself to them after seeing them both in ABC and at the gift fair over the past few years. I always love talking with them because they GET IT: Cultivating a customer and conversation and finding something charming in the small bits...

What caught my eye: Bonnie's b/w striped fingerless gloves, her tweedy green coat and Patch NYC bag with owl illustration and Crystal's crackled white leather zippered clutch with textured blue scarf.

*

Three hable construction bags spotted in one day, let alone in a span of 5 minutes, all carried by the women of The Home Market in Milwaukee, WI and also in town for the gift fair last week. The "monarch sails" pattern on the left is something I've been eyeing for a while. I can't figure out what size bag to get (I usually carry my entire apt...) and I love all of hable's patterns! I have several journals in the bead patterns shown in the middle and on the right.

*

I was able to snap a few bag shots at the gift fair. The tote on the left is my kind of bag... large, roomy, stylish though can get a bit heavy, after a few catalogs...! If I could narrow down my belongings into a small shoulder bag, like the one on the right, I think my boss would fall over...

*

Anthony, a sales associate at the New York Historical Society, on 77th Street & Central Park West has a wonderful wardrobe of vintage clothing and finally I was able to take a snapshot of his attire at the NY Gift Fair recently. Last August, he was wearing a top hat with his attire and carrying a beautiful cane, unfortunately I did not have my camera.

No comments: